Reposted from The Naples Children & Education Foundation
The top wine lot bid of $520,000 will take two couples to South Africa with Shari & Garen Staglin
The 2018 Naples Winter Wine Festival came to a close this weekend following its energetic live auction, generating a resounding $15.15 million for children’s services and boosting the total amount raised to more than $176 million since its inception in 2001. Funds are still pouring in from the Online Auction, which closes tonight at 11:59pm EST.
“We’re extremely grateful for everyone who participated and attended in this year’s Naples Winter Wine Festival,” said Susie McCurry, 2018 Festival Co-Chair. “Thanks to the acclaimed chefs, stellar vintners and of course, our big-hearted guests, this year’s Festival was an overwhelming success, which will make a life-changing difference for the children we serve.”
On-the-spot donations to this year’s Fund a Need, supporting Children’s Hunger and Oral Health, brought in record-breaking contributions of over $2.3 million which will ensure more at-risk children have access to nutritious food and proper oral health care—both critical to a child’s overall health.
Festival attendees came together under the tent at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples to bid on 61 once-in-a-lifetime lots, many of which included exceptional wine lots from some of the most revered vineyards across the globe such as Ao Yun, Bodega Catena Zapata, Château Clerc Milon, Domaine Serene, Gargiulo Vineyards, Powell & Son, Staglin Family Vineyard, and Silver Oak Cellars. This year’s highest bidding wine lot went for $520,000 and included a 10-day trip to South Africa with Shari and Garen Staglin as well as 12 bottles of Staglin Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ranging from 2009 – 2014. The winner will also get VIP access to Cape Wine Auction, private tours and tastings at seven wineries, a safari, and luxury accommodations at One&Only, Rupert & Rothschild Manor House, and Singita Lebombo Lodge.
Other top auction items include:
- $450,000 for a Gargiulo Vineyards dinner and private performance by Thomas Rhett – The winners and 18 of their closest friends won a living room concert by country music star Thomas Rhett and dinner featuring a special Nashville menu, paired with Gargiulo wines. The winning bidders also won 3 Double Magnums of 2014 Gargiulo Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, 2 Custom Heritage Guitars, and first-class airfare to San Francisco to join the Gargiulo’s for the “Flowering of the Vines” weekend.
- $320,000 for dinner at Silver Oak and a private performance by Chuck Leavell – The Duncan Family of Silver Oak and Twomey Cellars will be hosting the winning couples and 20 of their friends at either Silver Oak Winery in Napa, or the bidder’s personal home in Naples, FL, for a private dinner prepared by Silver Oak chef Dominic Orsini. Guests will enjoy a live piano performance by Chuck Leavell of The Allman Brothers Band and The Rolling Stones while sipping wines selected by Kary & David Duncan themselves. The winners took home a Martin OMCXAE Black Guitar, signed by Chuck Leavell and David Duncan, and 1 Balthazar, 1 Imperial, and 1 Double Magnum of 2013 Silver Oak Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, all signed by David Duncan.
- $300,000 for a Bordeaux experience at Château Clerc Milon with the Rothschild Family – The winning bidders took home 6 Imperials of Château Clerc Milon, ranging from the 1970 vintage to 2000, and will be taking four guests on a 3-day, VIP Bordeaux experience featuring the “Prix de la Dance Clerc Milon” at Château Clerc Milon on June 16, 2018, followed by a reception attended by the Rothschild Family. The next day, they will enjoy a private tour, tasting and meal at Clerc Milon with the estate director followed by a visit to the Opéra National de Bordeaux’s Grand Theatre, with a performance at either the Opéra National de Bordeaux or Bordeaux’s Auditorium. Guests will stay at the 4-star Relais & Châteaux Cordeillan-Bages in Pauillac and at the 5-star InterContinental Bordeaux – Le Grand Hotel.
- $220,000 for 34 wines from every NWWF vintner – The winner took home 1 Magnum from each of the 2018 Festival’s participating vintners. The lot represents 34 “Love Stories” and celebrates the Festival’s vintners who have generously given their time and the fruits of their labors to support the children of Collier County. Vintners included Piero Antinori, Laura Catena, Julien de Beaumarchais de Rothschild, Maxence Dulou, Kary & David Duncan, Grace & Ken Evenstad, Valerie Boyd & Jeff Gargiulo, Olivier Krug, David Pearson, Shari and Garen Staglin, Veronique Sanders and Alexander Van Beek.
- $220,000 for Exclusive BOND Experience – The bid offered four couples a private tour of each of BOND’s 5 distinctive Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard sites, followed by lunch at BOND winery and dinner with the Harlan Family at The French Laundry. The package also included 2 nights’ accommodations at Meadowood resort in St. Helena and 5 Double Magnums of 2007 BOND—one each of Melbury, Pluribus, Quella, St. Eden and Vecina.
- $780,000 went to the world’s first 2018 Rolls Royce Phantom – In addition to taking home the first model in the US, the winner will join the editors of ROBB Report to help select the “2019 Car of the Year” and stay at the Meadowood resort for two nights while enjoying wine-paired dinners. The lot also included an Imperial of 2014 Alpha Omega ERA etched with the Rolls Royce logo and a 12-month membership to Alpha Omega’s ERA Elite Wine Club.
The sold-out Festival weekend began Thursday morning with an intimate Vintner Luncheon with headliner Opus One Winery, where guests participated in a vertical tasting of the Estate’s 1980, 1994, 1996, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 vintages, ten celebrated vintages spanning the winery’s four remarkable decades. The masterclass tasting was led by David Pearson, CEO of Opus One, and featured special guest moderator, Antonio Galloni of Vinous.
This year’s Festival brought together more than 30 of the world’s highly distinguished wineries with 18 award-winning chefs and a collective eight Michelin Stars, 15 James Beard Awards, and wines from over 13 wine producing regions, eight countries and five continents for a series of exclusive, curated dinners. Honoring Festival veterans Kary and David Duncan of Silver Oak as Honored Vintner and Chef Gary Danko as Chef de Cuisine.
For all press-related inquiries, please contact email@example.com or 212-691-2800.
ABOUT NAPLES WINTER WINE FESTIVAL
The Naples Winter Wine Festival, one of the world’s most prestigious charity wine auctions, offers a weekend of unforgettable memories. Guests enjoy world-class food and wine during intimate dinners in private homes, and are invited to bid on once-in-a-lifetime travel and wine experiences during an electrifying live auction. Since its inaugural event in 2001, the NWWF has raised more than $176 million, making a profound difference in the lives of thousands of children.
ABOUT NAPLES CHILDREN & EDUCATION FOUNDATION
The Naples Children & Education Foundation, the founding organization of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, is improving the educational, emotional, and health outcomes of underprivileged and at-risk children. Through its annual grants and strategic initiatives, NCEF has impacted over 40 of the most effective nonprofits in the community, providing more than 200,000 children with the services and resources they need to excel. NCEF’s unique approach, which emphasizes collaboration between organizations and bridges public and private resources, has become a blueprint for how to transform a community, one issue at a time.